So I’m not exactly a beauty guru, nor am I very good at reviewing beauty products, so I figured I would just snap some pictures of my favourite beauty products that I use regularly with a star rating (rating out of 5 stars) and a brief comment, then post them up on the blog.
- Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation $59 ⭑⭑⭑ (This foundation is alright. I’ve finally found my true skin match but it settles into my fine lines and slides right off my skin on a hot and humid day. I’ll stick to my tried and true Mac foundation. Thanks.)
- Mascara: Urban Decay Perversion Mascara $27 ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ (This is my new favorite mascara. It doesn’t clump and it makes my almost blonde eyelashes look incredible.)
- Lipstick: NARS Velvet Lip Glide $35 ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ (No comment necessary. This lip glide is the best.) and Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick $21 ⭑⭑⭑⭑ (I took a star off for the weird feeling this lipstick leaves on my lips.)
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked 2 $66 ⭑⭑⭑⭑ (Took a star off because the colors don’t suit my skin tone.), Naked 3 $66 ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ (Just the best palette ever really. The colors compliment my skin tone and blend into this amazing masterpiece on my eyes.) and Naked Smoky $66 ⭑⭑⭑⭑ (Not pictured. Took a star off for the same reason as the Naked 2.) palettes.
- Perfume: Versace Bright Crystal $175 ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ (This perfume smells so amazing that I try to only use it for really fancy occasions which is never because I’m a mother and I don’t tend to leave the house without a child strapped to my hips and spit up all over my shirt.)
I buy most of my cosmetics from Sephora. I’m VIB status at this point so I tend to get a lot of decent freebies and discounts on product which is always awesome. My makeup collection is starting to get a bit out of hand. Thankfully my husband totally understands and doesn’t judge me.